“Jason! Jason, wait up!”
I was running faster and faster, my heart beating rapidly and sweat beading on my forehead as ran through the woods. She wouldn’t catch me, I couldn’t let her. I’d taken Jessie’s bike and hid it in my garage, but when she’d come over and seen it she was enraged. I didn’t have a bike of my own and had always wanted one. What a rotten idea.
Birds dove overhead and I swear something was moving through the woods to my side. It looked like it had the form of an animal, but then how could it run like a man?
My foot beat against a tree root and I went stumbling, almost thrashing to the ground. No, I found my footing.
Thud! Thud! Thud! My feet carried me hard.
I looked back, relieved to finally not see Jessie behind me. I could finally…
The ground gave out below me. One foot, and then another dropped into a hole.
Darkness everywhere, except for the circle of light above me. I was falling fast
How could a hole be this deep and wide? All I could think of was the thing that had matched my pace running through the woods. “Help!” I screamed. Would Jessie hear me? What the heck could she do?
Thud! My head beat against something in the hole as I fell.
I awoke on a wide rock, surrounded by boiling lava. My body seared and sweat bled from my pores. “Jessie?” Why was I calling for her? Where was I?
I could hear liquid falling in the distance and something crying.
“Jason.” The voice was deep, ominous.
I turned, met by the glare of a mid-sized beast, moist eyes in its head. It had long ears. It stalked foreword and I backed up on the rock, ready to thrust myself into the lava to escape it.
“Jason. Remember this. Remember me. You are forgiven this time. Give back the bike. Live a good life and you will not see me again.”
My chest heaved. All this for a bike? I nodded a ‘yes’.
With a breath it was gone. I was in the woods, Jessie standing over me, angry but with a hand reached out to help me up.
Ta Da!. 381 words in 15 minutes. Here are my chosen authors to dive in next…
My Prompt is: The sky is falling…And here are the rules for the challenge:
- Open a new document.
- Set a stopwatch or your mobile phone timer to 5, 10, or 15 minutes, whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH YOUR TIMER!!!
- Fill the word doc with as many words as you want. Once you start writing do not stop.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spelling and grammar using spell check (it’s only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules).
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation or capitals. However, if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post write down ‘No. of words = ____” so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
- Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nomination (at least five (5) bloggers).